Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bitrate Encoding

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019. 

The publish to computer / video has a Bitrate Encoding options of VBR 1 pass and CBR.

VBR 1 Pass is the default. I also noticed that in the Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018,  that comes wiht Adobe Captivate 2019, I have an additional option of  VBR 2 Pass. 

Would appreciate any insight as to wheether to choose VBR 1 Pass  or 2 Pass or CBR?  

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 2 pass is usually recommended for better quality at smaller file sizes, but it does take longer to process.

CBR stands for Constant Bit Rate (as opposed to VBR or Variable Bit Rate).  I generally use Constant Bit Rate even though the file sizes end up being slightly higher because I have often noticed lip synchronisation issues with VBR. 

Having said that...It's not likely to matter for video where there is no human person shown speaking.  However, if you are showing video of the narrator as well as their voiceover (e.g. when using Picture in Picture with a web cam of the narrator) then you may notice the lip synch is out at times due to the variable bit rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for your quick response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources