• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Boomarking in Captivate 3 not working when loaded to LMS.

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help here.

I have an assessmnet built in CP3.  It is a 50 question assessment usgin random question slides that pull from question pools.  When the assessment is uploaded to our SumTotal TotalLMS 7.2 the assessment doesn't bookmark appropriately.

When testing I am asking users to complete 20 questions and exit the assessment.  Then return to the assessment and complete it.

When users resume the assessment they are taken back to question 10 and the assessment resumes from there.

Quiz preferences are attached.  I'm not sure why the bookarking isn't working as planned.  Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So bookmarking is working, but is not accurate - right?

Have you noticed if this happens through all browsers or just IE vs non-IE?

We've noticed in non-IE browsers that the lesson data is sent back to the LMS on a timed basis.

So if users are cruising through, when they get to the end of the lesson, the file may have only sent half of the tracking data back to the LMS.

If the user quits the lesson, that's all that gets recorded. Captivate does not wait to see if all the data has been sent back before it closes.

So to test, I bet if you go through slooowly, your bookmarking will work properly. It may also work properly in IE vs. something like Firefox. This is an issue of how CP is coded to send back data based on the browser it's running in. I've no idea why.

Of course, this may not be your issue at all, but sounds like it.

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erik, thanks for the suggestion.  We are using IE7.  During our testing we had some complete quickly in 20 minutes or so and others taking 45 minutes to over an hour.   It failed on all book marking attempts.  I think we are going to have to take a different approach with the assessment. We are going to chuck it out into 6 modules and see how things go from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call. Breaking Captivate lesson content into smaller chunks is a common workaround suggestion 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chunking the assessment into modules has helped fix the book marking issue.  I have a new problem now.  I can complete a module and exit.  SumTotal LMs 7.2 registers the module as complete. (This is correct) When I go back to resume, I return to the last scored interaction in the module.  I can click on the button, and go to the next module.  If I exit again and check the status of the first module it has changed to incomplete.  I cannot go back and do anything to complete the module.  I have no mastery score set on the CP file, but do have a score passing.  I am setting the mastery score in my LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources