• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Branching / Scenario Tutorials or Links

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be starting to work on a project that simulates a patient's interaction with a student as they go through the patient's medical history.  I have been looking online to see if there were any good links to tutorials, webinars, etc.... for working with this using Captivate (9 or 2017 versions), but can't seem to locate anything that specifically focuses on this.

Does anyone have any suggestions on links or text that will address working with Captivate and Branching / Scenarios?

Appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need reporting to a LMS? In that case turn on Branch aware in Quiz settingss.

For the rest, forget about the default playbar, create custom navigation. Check the Branching View panel, althoug it will not show branchig that is due to  advanced actions. I start mostly by setting up a flow chart to show all or the possible branchings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of right now, I am looking at adding into a LMS. I appreciate the heads up on handling the quiz settings.

I will storyboard or develop some type of flowchart and progress from there.  I will also most likely use something from the Assets to give me an idea on appearance and modify it from there.

Appreciate the suggestions and information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, though it might seem somewhat counter-intuitive, using Branch Aware on a Branching Story module might not be the best choice. 

Branch Aware is more designed for situations where you expect the person to take the same path through the content on their subsequent attempts to pass.  This feature allows the learner's score to be calculated based ONLY on the slides visited.  That works really well for quiz question slides.

But in many branching scenarios that are based on normal slides with interactivity built from objects such as Click Boxes, Text Entry Boxes and Smart Shape buttons, you actually may be WANTING the learner to take a very different path through the same content on their subsequent attempts.

Whether turning on Branch Aware is a good idea or not will depend very much on the actual design of your branching interactivity.

So the bottom line is that you need to do some thorough testing, otherwise you might get some unpredictable results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod I mentioned Branch aware only for the scoring issues when having different branches. In the article I wrote about Branch aware I explained in detail the drawbacks of that approach. I didn't repeat all that explanation in this thread, that is true. Thanks for doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to explain Lieve.  All good information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources