• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

branding the pre loader

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice on the trial of Presenter 7, published files plat a short preloader before the player panel is loaded that says "Adobe Presenter Loading" Can this preloader be changed or branded with clients logo?
Thanks
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2008 Jul 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check out my language.xml at language.xml.

The vconfig.xml published using this language.xml can be found at vconfig.xml.

To see the changes working on the presentation open index.htm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks a lot, very very kind! I have checked my language.xml and the code is in the same place as yours. So there must be something with the program version and OS I have? I am running Adobe Presenter, latest version, in PowerPoint 2007 on Windows XP within WMWare on a Mac. Flash is the latest version as well.
What are your program versions and OS?
Kind regards,
Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got an idea. Could it be that it looks in another language as my system and Powerpoint is Swedish? I will try inserting the code under some other language as well.
Kind regards,
Jonas
----
Tried, and it did not work either. Hm??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the changes in the index.htm?

BTW, try launching a published viewer.swf (lies next to index.htm) as <publish location>/viewer.swf?externLang=en

Note: 'en' should be the same as the language code under which you have made the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It does not show in either index.html or when launching viewer.swf. Would you think it is a Powerpoint 2007 related problem? Which version of PP do you use?
Kind regards,
Jonas
P.S. Regarding PP 2007 related formatting problems (now solved when reverting the presentation back to 2003 compatability), see my post here in the same forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have PP2007 installed and I have used this feature even on PP2003.

I am very sure we are missing something here. I think that Presenter is not accessing the same language.xml file.

Can you try deleting you language.xml (rename it to some other name) and then launch powerpoint and goto Presenter > Settings > Theme Editor > Modify Text Labels. Change some label there. Click OK and come out of the dialog box(es).

Check if language.xml file is created again?
If yes, see if the labels that you changed are reflected in this file. Also see if published output would have these changed text labels.
If no, then we are looking for language.xml at a wrong place and we need to find out where Presenter is picking its language.xml. You may like to try out Filemon for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes you are on the right track! I changed the name of the language.xml file. I changed some label names in the theme editor.
Result:
- No language.xml file was recreated in the Themes folder.
- When publishing locally, the new label names came through in the output.

Hm? So I guess you are right that Presenter is picking up another language.xml file. However when searching files with that name, I do not see any others. You are mentioning Filemon as a tool to find this out. I am not acquainted with Filemon, what does it do?
Thank you so much for the detective work!
Kind regards,
Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2008 Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: JonasLagneryd
I am not acquainted with Filemon, what does it do?

Filemon is a utility from SysInternals (now owned by MS). You can download is here ( direct link)

You can add filters in Filemon. So, just add "language.xml" as filter and start capturing. Then launch powerpoint and change some labels again. Filemon would show any language.xml accessed which should reveal the correct path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2008 Jul 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There us a button in the Presenter 7 Settings (Theme Editor) that allows you to set or Override the Text of MANY things. It is incorrectly written in the Help File to play with XML, Etc. and that is a Presenter 6 flaw. In Presenter 7 you just use the buttoon in the Theme editor and double click on the text that you want to change, even the preloader and the you are all done. Wasn't that easy!

If you were playing with the XML Language setting to do this, you need to close Powerpoint and you need to clear the cache of your browser to get your text to show. Much easier to use the button in the Theme editor to change the text. Mine now reads as Loading Module ...

Joe C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@retro74: You need to do the change in the XML at least once. It won't be available in the theme editor > modify text labels otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your kind advice. Now it is working. I repaired the Aodbe Presenter installation one more time, I found a language.xml in a hidden folder (thanks to Filemon/Processmonitor). And now it works fine and I can edit the code also from within the Modify Text Labels function.
Thanks once more for your valuable guidance.
Kind regards,
Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Presenter users,

my company is thinking of offering a service for branding the loader, changing the logo and changing the logo link. Do you think this would be of interest?

In case you need urgent help feel free to contact me directly (just send me a message).

Best Regards,
John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can successfully change uitext TAB_OUTLINE and uitext TAB_QUIZ of vconfig.xml belonging to a published presentation, but adding a uitext ADOBE_PRESENTER as the last element of "language id="en" has no effect at all. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Joergen,

I have the same problem. Have you solved it yet?

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry - I haven't found any solution!

Best regards

Jørgen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

until now it does not works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources