Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken Captivate file

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there from South Africa. 

I lost my job due to retrenchment a few months ago. Before I left my previous employer I selected a few files of the work I've done for my CV portfolio to show a prospective employer.

Then disaster struck. I got a bite and was asked to send my portfolio. However, the only two Captivate files I chose cannot be opened by clicking on the HTML file after unzipping it. 

I've googled around and the only reason I can phantom is because I keep all my files stored on Onedrive. Apparently Onedrive is not able to store /support the file extension inside the SCORM zipped package. 

It's happened to me many years ago, but I cannot remember how to fix it. 

I was hoping there is an experienced Adobe Captivate user on here that can help me. 

I'm in a real twang here. 

The only one person left at the company cannot find the two Captivate files in question and I'm out of options here. 

Hoping someone can help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to upload the file to SCORM Cloud, because you need a LMS to make it possible to view a SCO, which is what you seem to have. You can upload within some limitations for free to SCORM Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I really can't remember the reason. My only problem now is how to open the Captive file in HTML /browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please show the content of the published folder. I will be able to identify if it is a normal published HTML document or a SCO.

In the first situation: upload to any webserver and provide the URL.

In the second situation: upload to a LMS (like SCORM Cloud) and send invite with URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources