• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button to open a small pop-up window

Contributor ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what JS script can I put to open a to a pdf link in a pop up window  of 800 x 400 px dimensions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i not help you, but like your idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found, but not help you.

Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 10.05.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 10.06.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like window.open("pdf url","mywin","width=800, height=400");

This site has a good reference for options for window.open

Window open() Method

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you try on iphone and android?

if it is work, everyone can useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes works on iphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about android?

windscorpion, have you get problem with addition(mathematics)?

i found problem.

this below.

bug with cp8, addition mathematics( + ) is wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@burin You have a problem with mathematics in Captivate, I have never had that problem. Just for the sake of other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love mathematics .

+ = when i have test with mathematics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, I'm a civil engineer.... I cannot understand what is going wrong with the addition. How did you configure the Submit for the two TEB's? I made the first submit button 'invisible' to the user by deleting the label and adjusting Fill/Stroke, and put it over the second TEB. That way when the user clicks the second TEB automatically the first entry is confirmed and entered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an iPhone so I dunno but It does not work on ipad.

The window it opens is full size.

I included an example at:

http://privatewrittentest.com/ipadtest

The button on the top left corner called window has the code

If you view it on any browser it works fine but if you view it on an iPad it opens the new window full size.

If you package it with phonegap as an app it still has the same problem of opening full screen and not allowing to go back to the primary app (which is the dilemma I am facing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because iPads (and iPhones) can only open browsers full width of the screen, it will just ignore the sizing though that works fine on desktop devices (checked on Firefox).

I don't get why you cant get back to the main window, can't you just close the new window like any other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes just tried on my iPad, your button opens a new tab and i could close it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I am creating an iPad app using phonegap and my app needs to open a couple of PDF files.

The opening is not a problem but since the iPad does not have a back button it gets stuck on the PDF with no way to get back.

Any idea how I can achieve this function to go back from the PDF to the app. (pressing the home button and relaunching the app will just bring up the PDF again and closing the app all together and relaunching it just restarts from the beginning).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you just close the tab thats opened? I suppose you could add a Javascript to close the window and return to the Captivate lesson though be aware iOS8 has broken window.close, they haven't fixed it yet with 8.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to close it all you can see is the page number.

iPad1.jpg

iPad2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to launch the html5 App in a Safari Browser so all browser navigation is enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats strange on my iPad it just opened another tab, can you add a JS button to the PDF to close it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope.

But I found a solution. There is a PhoneGap plugin called in app browser. A little complicated to set up but it allows to open a browser with navigation in a resident iPad App allowing it to be closed or to be opened in a standard browser, hence having full control (even Printing the PDF file) . If anyone has the same problem and would like some help developing an iPad true App from HTML5 let me know and I will share what I have discovered in the past few weeks of going insane.

The App now does everything it was supposed to (almost a few glitches that I am sure will be solved soon for example Conditional action behaving strangely).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources