• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I disable the Rustici navigation bar in Captivate 2019?

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,

When I publish a SCORM 2004 4th edition course in Captivate 2019, a bar displays at the top of the playscreen in our LMS that I do not like. I contacted our LMS vendor and they have informed me that it is a default Captivate Rustici bar, not our LMS's native bar. Does anyone know if there is a way to disable it? See attached screenshot.

Regards,

Catherine H.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all: CP2019 had three main releases and several patch releases. It is important to give the full version number which you can find under Help, About Captivate.

Did you check the output in SCORM Cloud? I have never seen myself what you show in the screenshot in any LMS. You should find out if Captivate or the LMS is creating this, and testing in SCORM Cloud is the best way to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That bar is not something created by Captivate. 

Is this Captivate course content hosted with Rustici and being delivered to your LMS via Rustici's Dispatch service?

https://rusticisoftware.com/products/rustici-dispatch/

If not that, then is this course module part of a Multi-SCORM course?  If there is more than one module in the course package then the arrows in that bar at the top of the browser window is the only way your users would be able to navigate from module to module in order to complete the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are 100% correct. I just uploaded to SCORMCloud and did not see that bar at all. I will be going back to the support team and asking more questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Captivate version 2019 11.8.0.586.

We use SumTotal Learn as our LMS and they had a suggestion to remove the bar saying to delete the adlnav lines of code in the manifest file. That's what we have been doing, and while it works, it is not a long-term solution since we have to do that every single time we publish. It seems like SumTotal is moving towards a more Rustici friendly status, but maybe I didn't get enough information from SumTotal? They indicated that the bar is a Rustici bar in Captivate and that they have no control over it, so I thought I'd inquire here and see if anyone knows anything about it.

It is NOT a multi-scorm course, but the course does include attachments that are accessed via various links throughout the course. Could those attachments be the reason the bar is displaying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the very first release of 11.8, necessary because of an update to the OS of Macs. I think that Rod is using 11.8.1, I am on 11.8.3 which was necessary to be able to have the new version along with Captivate Classic on one system.

You are the first user here with that issue (I am daily on this forums since 2008). Did you try my suggestions to upload to SCORM Cloud to see if the same playbar appears? If not, go back to the SumTotal people and tell them it is not appearing on SCORM Cloud (which is also Rustici).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The multinational company I am currently contracted to as an Instructional Designer also uses SumTotal as their LMS.  None of the course modules that I have created with Captivate 2019 and uploaded to that LMS have ever shown this bar. 

I usually publish to SCORM 1.2 and occasionally SCORM 2004 3rd edition, never SCORM 2004 4th edition.  But I very much doubt that it is the SCORM version throwing up this bar.  It looks very much like the way the LMS admin or some other user has configured this course with the expectation that the user would need some way to navigate to other content after completing the module.

I agree with Lilybiri's suggestion to try uploading to SCORM Cloud as a test.  You could even send them your screenshot and ask if they recognise it as something related to their SCORM code in the module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I thought that once I tested, I needed to go back to SumTotal regarding this issue. However, I did a little bit more testing. The courses that are encountering this issue are for a specific project. Since these courses are NOT multi-SCORM courses, they should not theoretically be encountering this bar. I tried using one my internal courses and added some attachments to see if that could be what causes the issue, but I still was not able to replicate this issue. It's not SCORM 4th edition that is forcing that bar, so I am not sure what it could be. More testing in my future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's worth mentioning that my next step is to meet with one of the developers of those courses and see if we can figure out what setting it is that they are using that could be causing this to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources