• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import psd file into captivate 2017

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Adobe Captivate 2017 and i want to import some psd files but when i go to File > Import > Photoshop file and select the psd file, Captivate says cant import the file because:

error-captivate.PNG

i have checked the image mode in Photoshop and it is in 8bits/channel and the file is not damaged because i just created the file.

Anyone knows what is going on here?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the file still open in Photoshop at the time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is interesting.  I know I have received this error message when importing a PSD if the channel is set to 16bit for example and is fixed by changing the mode to 8bit as you have done.

As a test change the channel to 16bit and save the file. Try importing and you should get the error noted above. Then change the channel to 8bit,  save and retry importing.

To date I have not encountered this problem in the classroom when demonstrating this Captivate feature and would love to know if this is a PS file issue or a Captivate issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Photoshop? I know that in the past roundtripping (which is the goal of importing the source file) was broken because of incompatibility of PS and CP versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources