• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 11.8.3 update brakes CC Settings

New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from Captivate for MacOS (v. 14.5) 11.8.2 to 1..8.3 and published an updated project for my LMS.  When I turned on closed captions I realized the text color had changed from white on black to a really dark gray on black.  I opened the file and went to edit the CC settings to change the text color back to white but the swatch was already white.  You can see this in the attached files. I tried changing the text color to yellow and sample text remained dark gray. In fact it didn't matter wehat color I chose - the sample text stayed gray.  I tried closing the project and clearing the captivate projects cache. rebooting my computer. Nothing made a difference. All of my captivate classic project had the same issue - all had the dark gray text.

I rolled back Captivate to version 11.8.2 and the issue was gone.  I tried upgrading again to 11.8.3 with all other applications closed and only the Captivate updater running and ran into the same issue. I've rolled back now to 11.8.2 and I'm hoping there will be a fix for this soon.

I ran into a similar issue with closed captions last year after upgrading from Captivate 2019 to Classic. Only this issue was cross platform.  Windows versions of captivate classic that were opened on a Mac had black CC text that you couldn't change.  Adobe was aware of the issue when I finally got ahold of support.

Has anyone else had an issue like this??

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a similar issue mentioned somewhere, indeed. It may be linked to the new feature (SRT import). Did you log that bug on the uservoice portal which you can reach from within Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't the SRT and VTT import available in Captivate 12?  

My issue is with Captivate classic 11.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, my bad. You are correct, that is a new feature in 12.3. My suggestion about logging that bug on uservoice remains. Since the release of 11.8.3 I have not updated any project from 11.8.2 with CC activated. I never understood why they didn't include CC settings under Preferences, or the style under the Object Style manager. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources