Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 11.8 Crashes when trying to upload .xml file to glossary widget

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working with Captivate 11.8 (on a MacOS Monterey) and am struggling to implement the Glossary widget as a learning interaction. I have created an .XML file with my glossary terms, but Captivate crashes before I can get this file uploaded so my issue is not about the formatting within the glossary file itself.

I've tried a number of times, using this process:
Click Insert Learning Interaction > Glossary Widget > Click the import button -- and then Captivate immediately crashes, before a file can be uploaded.

I have not had issues with Captivate crashing with other learning interactions in this project. I've cleared my cache, and cleaned preferences. I also created a new, blank project and tried to set up the glossary there with the same result. What else should I be doing? Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not certain if this is related to your issue but I've been made aware that if you use characters that would be found in an HTML file, Captivate mistakes this for syntax for a web page. For example, if you use brackets [], braces {}, parenthesis (), ampersands & and so on. Try to stick with straight-up alphanumeric text and see if that solves your problem.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources