Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 12.2 - issue with fonts after publishing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use the new Captivate since July 2023 and still have the same issue with fonts after publishing, despite the updates. I'm using a Mac, IOS Sonoma, and Captivate 12.2. The issue was the same on IOS Ventura. 

I create a slide with different paragraphs, using on of my pre-defined styles (for example : "Corps 1" is font Arial, normal, 18 px).  Then I decide to put one word in bold in a paragraph (or underlined, or in color... ).  Please see an example below. In the year 1998, the word "Lausanne" is in bold.

"1.Screen shot from CP"

1. Screen shot from CP.png

I preview the slide from the preview tool in Captivate, and everything looks fine. Please see an example below.

"2.Screen shot from CP preview"

2.screen shot from CP viewer.png

Then I publish the project and upload it on a LMS. Unfortunately, the slide looks then different. Please see an example below. The paragraph where there is a word in bold looks smaller. It changes the size of the font.

"3.screen shot after publishing in LMS.png"

3.screen shot after publishin in LMS.png

It is really very annoying and looks unprofessionnal. I have tried with different Systems Fonts (Arial, Verdana, Maison Neue). I have also tried using a pre-configured slide of Captivate. I have tried on 2 different LMS. The issue is always the same. Any little change to the pre-defined style leads to corrupted fonts. 

Has anyone a solution to this issue, please ? 

Thanks and best regards,

Marily

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Marily,

I don't think there's a problem with the System Fonts. In the Paquetage SCORM view it seems to me it's something like Arial, similar as in your Cp Preview view above.

What I reckon is that the SCORM Package in the LMS view is nested in a frame <iframe> and the size of this frame is not as wide as the Browser window in your Cp Preview. This causes the Timeline Widget to be responsively vertically stacked instead of horizontally.

You could try in your Cp Preview where it is first alright to decrease the width of the Browser window horizontally. If then after some width decrease the same effect happens - well that could explain it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks very much for your message and sorry for my late answer.  

In the Cp preview, it works fine. It adapts and the text and frame look fine. But once in the LMS, it doesn't work anymore. The direction (vertical or horizontal) depends on the size of the browser window or on the tool (computer, iPad or Iphone).  But the problem remains the same, independently of the direction or size of the browser window.

I have tried as well with a slide extracted from an official template included in Cp (see below) and one can see the difference in the size of the fonts between the 3 columns.  The text in the first column, where  I have put some words in bold, looks smaller than the texts in the 2 other columns.System template.png

It is really extremely annoying and I will contact Adobe once again.

Thanks again for your try and best regards,

Marily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir! Je crois qu'il s'agit d'un bogue pour Mac, s'il est possible de reproduire le même problème dans une des autres descriptions en changeant le style d'un ou plusieurs mots. Svp, introduisez ce bogue au Team. 

Est-ce que vous avez testé sur plusieurs 'browsers'? Safari n'est pas toujours compatible avec Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre retour et désolée pour ma réponse tardive. Oui, j'ai essayé de visionner le LMS depuis Firefox sur Mac et sur Window, et le problème est le même. Voilà ci-dessous un slide provenant d'un template qui est dans Cp, et dans lequel j'ai simplement mis quelques mots en gras dans la 1ère colonne. Je l'ai publié et remonté sur 2 LMS (Moodle + ILIAS), et voici comment il apparaît... On voit bien les différences entre les tailles.System template.png

J'avais déjà signalé le problème en juillet 2023 à Adobe, qui a pu reproduire le problème et m'a assuré que des techniciens travaillaient dessus. Et je ne comprends pas que ça ne soit pas encore réglé, alors que je ne suis certainement pas la seule utilisatrice de Cp qui travaille avec un Mac... Je vais ré-ouvrir un ticket. 

Merci et bonne soirée

Marily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Les utilisateurs Mac sont une minorité quand je me base sur le nombre de questions ici et dans les autres 'forums' ou je participe. Mais cela n'est pas une excuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources