• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 12 - Project won't auto-advance to next slide

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've just started working with Captivate 12 (a completely new world after 15 years). I'm trying to just start by creating a test project. I've created three slides (two have videos embedded and one is a simple intro slide. I have NOT added any Next buttons or any interactions that would need to be performed by the user to advance to the next slide. Yet, when I preview the project, I have to manually have to click NEXT in the playbar to advance to the next slide. This really makes no sense and does not seem to work at all like Captivate 2019. Please let me know what adjustments I have to make so that certain slides requiring no user interactions will automatically advance. Thank you!

MikelAldrich_0-1693330611552.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same issue, did you get an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm too in my experimental phase with Cp 12 and discovered  just today that there is no automatic exit/enter from one slide to the next when no next button or any other pause interaction is in place. This is obviously a big difference between older Cp versions and version 12.
I've tried then to use the Slide Exit event and attached the Go to nex slide action. Also not working. The only method that worked was to add a Bookmark in the new Bookmark "layer" in the Timeline and add here the Go to next slide action.

It's weird, Cp 12 doesn't work like a Movie anymore with auto-advancing through the slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very annoying, but every item has now an automatic pause at the end of its Timeline. Like you I have tried out all commands On Exit and it is really not very intuitive to use a bookmark for that purpose. BTW I am busy since weeks with a blog explaining the use of bookmarks for micro-navigation. But allowing to take out the pause at the end of a slide timeline should be available. We don't need a PPT-like app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, I was able get it to work to advance but now it wont play the next slide.  HELP??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try with the bookmark approach?  Since two months I am struggling with the bookmarks for navigation in the new version. It is too frustating. Navigation to a bookmark on another slide will be replaced by Jump to that slide from the start, not at all to a bookmark. Can you check the On Enter slide event? Just to verify that it not set to Pause the Timeline. No longer possible to check it with a system variable like we had in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the bookmark however, it moved to the next slide but the next slide would not auto play. Im so disapointed that this would launch without some basic functionality.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marymonise, I'm not sure that I understand what you mean: So you made on slide A the bookmark with a go to next slide interaction and then "it moved to the next slide but the next slide would not auto play." ??? Does that mean that - slide B (next) just pauses at around frame 1 and doesn't play it's timeline - or - that slide B just pauses at the end of its timeline and doesn't auto-advance to slide C - or - are you trying to navigate to a bookmark on slide B or slide C or any other slide and that doesn't work as you want? Can you please describe more closely what you mean by "the next slide would not auto play"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to forget everything you know about Captivate and restart from new....

Can you check the Enter Slide event, if it has an action 'Pause' triggered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources