Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 and SME Collaboration?

Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I just completed a POC for a Captivate Training project proposal.

My manager asked a key question... how can SME collaborate on the Captivate content? He suggested that it is unrealistic that I should be the sole author of content.

Is there a way that any number of SMEs can directly edit Captivate text, from a web interface, without needing to own the Captivate tool?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no way to edit directly Captivate files, without having the application.

Some possibilities: using GIFT or CSV files for question slides, they can be edited by the SME.

Installing the AIR Reviewer by the SME which is free. It will enable them to see the Captivate file and add comments which will be transferred directly to the developer.

Using Export Text Captions workflow to create documents in Word or XML, which can be reviewed and imported into the Captivate course after revision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A common best practise in eLearning design is to first storyboard your design. You can use a variety of tools but the most common is good old Microsoft Word. You can email the design back and forth, gather their feedback and revise. Even once you begin development in Captivate you can upload your published project to sites like reviewmyelearning.com, where your stakeholders and subject matter experts can provide feedback and now for revision right inside the tool. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Lilybiri and Paul.  Captivate has already provided enough ways for other parties to contribute.

Although it might be possible for organisations with sufficient budget to purchase Captivate licenses for SMEs on projects, in my experience the LAST thing you really want is for the SME to have to learn the ins and outs of Captivate just to be able to contribute to the project.

Most SMEs are already busy enough with their usual day-to-day work and spending too many hours on the e-learning is NOT helping them get through their workload.  One of the last courses I created for a client actually took LONGER to get reviewed by the SMEs than it did for me to create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources