• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 unable to compress a published html5

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a captivate project, which when previewed on my computer works fine. However, when try to upload it to an LMS site that works with SCORM, the published html5 can't be uplodaded. A way to uplodad files is compressing them. I have tried the following: 1. I published it as zip file, which seems ok, but when uploading it a SCORM validator message comes up. 2. Published it as HTML5 and then compress it. On my side (Mac), I can't compress it due to a undefined error 0. Any suggestions or ways to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create a SCO (package to upload to a LMS with SCORM functionality) you need to set up Quiz Reporting.  If you have done that, the zipping will be activated automatically because a SCO is a zipped folder having all the necessary files to launch the SCO in the LMS. From your description I suspect that you did NOT setup Quiz Reporting in Quiz Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Lilybiri:

It worked when I activated the quiz reporting under captivate preferences and then published it as HTML5. However, before this file, two other files where published as HTML5, uploaded to the LMS (that works with SCORM) and worked fine. I wonder why?

Thansk again.

Sincerely,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some LMSs accept non-SCO packages, a zipped folder without reporting setup which will not transfer any data to the gradebook. It depends on the LMS. maybe that is what has been done. Such a package will need to be zipped, and you instruct the LMS to unzip and to launch the index. html file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing you need to be aware of is that SCORM packages are zipped in a special way and unless done that way, the LMS will reject them.  When Captivate creates SCORM zips, it does them correctly.  

When we need to zip/compress a large number of files, most of us would just put them in a folder on our computer and zip the entire folder, right?  However, SCORM zip files done that way would not be valid because the SCORM standard states that a particular file called the imsmanifest.xml file must be found at the 'root level' of the zip archive.  (The LMS needs to find this file so that it knows what to do with your course module.)  If the folder containing the files is zipped, then the manifest file is one level further down in the hierarchy and the LMS cannot find it.

If for any reason you need to publish your SCORM files without zipping (perhaps to add some other file to the mix) and then later zip again, the trick is to go INSIDE the folder containing all the files first.  Make sure you can see the imsmanifest,xml file.  Then select all files inside the folder and create the zip archive that way.  This ensures the manifest is at the correct level for the LMS to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources