• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 doesn't start... FlashPlayer issue...

Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2010 Feb 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just installed Captivate 4 and can't start it. When I try to start it, it loads initializing window and then the message comes out saying:

" The Flash Player for Microsoft Internet Explorer, is not installed or its an older version.

You will automatically be redirected to the Adobe website to download the latest Flash Player.

Please note that Adobe Captivate cannot be used until the Flash Player is installed."

I checked IE and it says that I have Flash Player 10 installed so I don't understand that...

Any help would be appreciated.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2010 Feb 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try doing the download Captivate wanted you to use? That fixed the problem for me.

I had the same problem -- I had updated Flash to v10 when I got the notification, but the next time I tried to start Captivate, it wouldn't start.  After some poking around, I gave up, followed the link furnished by Captivate, and after that everything was fine.  I wonder if Adobe forgot to put some sort of ID in the first versions of the Flash download it turned loose on the world.

I hope something that simple works for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2010 Mar 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it didn't work for me... I tried to download it from adobe website and install it again but still the same...  

Any ideas?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, that exhausts my knowledge of the situation.

I assume you followed the link offered by Captivate.  For some reason, that seemed to be the key for me.  The regular download triggered by the Flash Player version checker didn't work.  Neither did re-installing by going to the Adobe site and hunting down the download.  Only going through the Captivate-furnished link worked.

Failing all that, I suppose I'd try uninstall/reinstall, but I admit that's grasping at straws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources