• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

captivate 6 publishing to html5 failing

Contributor ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I have now published plenty on my mac without an issue and now as I try to publish this error comes up: could not copy folder to /user...~/assets   publish failed

also the publish to folder option is now greyed out and can't be selected.

Please help asap since I am on a deadline to deliver my content to the apple store

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it coming on just one specific project? then try copying and pasting the slides on to a new blank project and then publish it gain. (if it has a Quiz too, deselect Quiz Result Slide, and select and copy the rest!)

Thanks!

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I opened 5 different projects and all have the same error.

even if I make a new project and try to publish it. It fails too with the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to reset captivate to defults (like opening Photosgop with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Renaming the Folder Called Adobe Captivate Locate it --

Close Captivate 6. Now,

1) Finder -- Go -- Go To Location .

2) Type "~/Library" and Hit Enter.

3) Look for Folder called Preferences ---> Adobe Captivate 6, rename it as Adobe Captivate 6 Old.

Try launching and Publish now.

Thanks!

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still no change. It still crashes witht the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

PLease try publishing to a different location , try publishing it to desktop.   if you are using any asset (video, mp3 , image etc) which is kept on network, try copying it locally to your machine and use it in your project , publish it .Let me know if you still face issue.   Also publish to folder option is greyed out because you have selected HTML5  checkbox under output format options in publish window.

Regards,

Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried all of that and no joy.

I actually made a new project with just a text caption and published that to desktop and that fails as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

PLease send your cptx to avagrawa@adobe.com,  I will investigate and let you know.

Regards,

Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to Clear your Captivate Cache and then try to publish again to a different location, a blank (new) project.

Can you share us a Screenshot of exact error message that you see?

Also can you open Console and share a screen shot of Console as well, it should have a entry about Captivate crashing?

Thanks!

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just uninstalled CP6 and reinstalled and all works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources