Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9: Limit users from pressing buttons for a few seconds

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am making a training module and I have a few slides where I put "Click to Reveal" animations. I did this by creating states with audio and when a user presses on a button it will open the corresponding state using an advanced option. If the user clicks on all buttons, the continue to next slide button becomes active.

How do I limit the user from just pressing on all the buttons on the slide to just advance to next slide? Some of these have really important audio that there is just no room to place on the slide.

Please post any solutions you may have or ask any questions you have that need to be clarified.

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if I rename the buttons I have to change so many things on the advanced actions. I did not use shared actions since so many parameters so I'd have to change each AA. I can explain what the buttons are. Buttons 184 and 188-199 are all the "click to reveal button" and button 185 is the continue button. There are no other buttons. The faded images are SmartShape 33-45 in same order as buttons. The full color images are SmartShape 19-31 again in the same order. The variables 49-57 and 63-66 are just because I duplicated the slide and put it in a new project so the variables are always 0 anyway till clicked on. I don't think there is anything else. Hopefully this clears things up. I have all this on paper and confirmed each one matches with corresponding buttons, shapes and variables. That is not the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate allows name changes to objects - the advanced actions update to the new names automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that looks good, too. Assuming that the script you want and showed before is indeed "49". My next step would be to temporarily remove the line that changes the state of your text caption to normal  - perhaps the state is changing back so fast that you don't see the change even though there's supposed to be a delay.

And, there's the SWF/HTML question. Are you previewing Next 5 slides or In Browser or ...? Are you planning to publish to SWF or HTML? I find that sometimes things work as HTML that don't work as SWF and vice versa. And I can't always predict which things will refuse to work in which system.  I only publish as HTML5 since Flash is on the way out and I can't guarantee that someone won't try to use an iPad to view my courses. So, I always preview as HTML5 also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources