• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 - problem displaying closed captions in video

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem - After I publish a Captivate 9 project as a video, the closed captioning does not display as you watch the video and listen to the audio.

I think I followed the Captivate 9 instructions:

1 - An audio file has been imported and saved in each slide.

2 - From the Audio drop-down, I chose Audio Management

3 - I chose a slide with an imported audio file and clicked the 'closed caption' button at the bottom of the screen

4 - On the Closed Captioning tab, I entered three rows of text for the slide

5 - I saved and closed the Slide Audio window

6 - On the Advanced Audio Management window, 'Yes' now appears in the 'closed Caption' column for the slide I chose.

7 - I closed the Advanced Audio Management window by clicking 'OK.'

Closed captioning does not appear in the Preview.

When I publish the project to my computer, Closed captioning  doesn't appear when I publish the project as a video or as HTML5 / SWF.

What am I missing?

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed captions are part of the skin, not possible for pure video, has no

skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your quick answer. Of course it is not what we hoped for, but at least we now know that Captivate can't help us and we can begin to look for another solution.

However, I must say that I don't understand how Captivate can not have a solution to this? Surely, we can't be the only ones that need MP4 files due to browser compatibility and closed captions due to accessibility issues? We might need to give up on Captivate just due to this issue

But again thank you very much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can add CC to a video in Captivate. I never used it however.

Where will you deploy the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files will be located on a CMS and then we link to the video from a webpage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very interested in knowning how you add CC to a captivate project published as an MP4 (and just for clarification - it is not about how you add CC to a video in a captivate project)? Our final format will be MP4 and preferable with CC visible. How can this be done?

All suggestions are very welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources