• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9: problem with adding a simulation

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a new template.  I recorded a software simulation demo.  When I reviewed, the simulation showed the mouse movement and text captions.  It did not show the screen I was demoing.  Instead, the slide (from a master) displayed.

I tried opening a new file with no master slides or theme.  I was able to capture the entire demo.  I tried to import it into my original, but once again, the software I am demoing doesn't show, only the mouse action and captions.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CP9? Old version.

Never use a cptl-file, please! It has too many bugs.

The master slide used by the Software simulation needs to be the Blank master slide and it should indeed be Blank. It looks like this is not the case in your situation?

BTW Each project in Captivate uses a Theme. There is no way to escape from a Theme. You probably did use the default theme which I don't remember in CP9. That theme did have a real Blank master slide, it is one of the primary requirement of each Theme: having a minimum of 6 master slides, 5 of them being for Quizzes and the first master slide needs to be BLANK. That same master slide is also used for PPT import.

More info in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/whats-in-a-theme-a-template

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using a cptl, but the cptx file has a master with a variety of slides.  Are you saying that I can only record a simulation on a completely blank project.

Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say that, and you probably didn't read that blog.

You can add software simulation slides to a normal cptx-file but will then be restricted to keep to the resolution set for that project. What I tried to explain is that you need a BLANK master slide to record software sim slides, whether in an individual project or as slides in an existing project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources