• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate alt text on different button states not working with JAWS

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a custom play / pause button for my course that uses an advanced action and states. I'm running into a problem during 508 compliance review where I need to have unique alternative text for both the play state and the pause state of the same button (so a learner hears the appropriate text read when tabbing to the button based on whether the course is currently paused or playing). I tried using state view and editing the alt text in each unique state. However, when testing with JAWS, the screenreader does not pick up any of the alt text designated in the different states. JAWS only reads the alt text (or lack thereof) for the default normal state. Has anyone run into this before and know of any workarounds? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am afraid you'll will need to leave the multistate approach and use two buttons, showing/hiding when necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources