• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate and Creative Cloud

Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Captivate not included in the Creative Cloud subscription? I pay 50 smackers a month for CC and would like to experiment with Captivate but can't afford another 30 smackers on top of that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to ask Adobe on that one. They are in charge of their own business decisions.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its a bit frustrating I know, and many of the adobe apps integrate with Captivate very well. I recently presented about 10 Hacks While using Captivate and the Creative Cloud at Adobe Learning Summit.... but it seems to make sense to use them. I was confused about it as well..... CC Libraries are now integrated so that is pretty neat! And a bunch of Adobe apps integrate very well or have round-trip editing capabilities. Some really cool features like importing Photoshop files.

But to answer your question ..... they are a business..... and the point is to make money.

So lets say they have 500 Captivate Subscriptions, that's $15,000 per month, or $180,000 per year. If they added Captivate to the Creative Cloud now...... they would be giving away $180,000 per year.... and I assume they have a lot more than 500 subscriptions!

For CC users, we would get ANOTHER free app --- which we are getting with the new XD, Dimension, Character Animator, CC Libraries, Adobe Stock, Lightroom CC, to name a few,  and a whole new set coming our way. But they would just lose money.

I guess it started out separate, as a Macromedia application, and now it seems like its just not cost effective to add it?

just my two cents.... I'm sure they have a bunch of reasons....

cheers!
mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources