• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate and "Open URL" browser interactions...

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I posted the other day about how when I use the "Open URL or File", the browser is communicating back to Captivate when I close the browser tab I had just launched.  

Is there any way to prevent a different browser tab from communicating with Captivate?  I have a few screens with multiple buttons that Open a URL.  It seems that subsequently closing the tabs the browser uses to host these URLs advances the Captivate timeline.  

Does anyone know of such communication and how to stop it?  Thanks in advance.  I'm pulling what little hair I have out over this one...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deselecting the Continue Playing the Project option?

OpenURLContinuePlayingProject.png

Note that this option only appears when you select for the URL or file to open in a New window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rod, hope your day is great!  

Yes, I've tried that in some scenarios.  Of course that stops Timeline audio, so I just use the "Play audio" action to circumvent that.  I'd like to try to analyze exactly what's happening when I Open the URL vs when I close the tab that is opened.  To do this, it would help if I could use a text entry box that displays the system variable "cpInfoCurrentFrame" that gets updated on every change in the variable.  Any ideas on how I could do that?  Might help me roll my own solution.  I'll be posting in the forum for an answer to this query if you don't know if it can be done off the top of your head.

As always, thanks for the suggestion.  Do you happen to know if I deselect the "Continue playing the project", when it actually stops the timeline?  Is it on mouseup or mouse down, or does it just stop when it hits the next frame in the Timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources