• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate asking for Internet Explorer 11 in order to run

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to access my Adobe Captivate however it says I need to install internet explorer 11 or a later version, as captivate can only be accessed via log in using that browser. However when I double check, IE is discontinuing after June of next year according to Microsoft. I have Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers. Why is the program trying to make me install an almost obsolete browser to run? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never heard about such a request, know that I am on this forum daily since over a decade. 

Personally I don't even have IE installed since years, even Microsoft has replaced it by Edge. What is your default browser and which exact version of Captivate do you use? You find the full version under Help, About Captivate. Are you on Win10 or Win11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Captivate I have is Adobe Captivte 2019 as I got this only a few months ago for a class. I am on Windows 10, Firefox 95.02 is my default browser. This is what comes up.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html

And it was updated on the 10th of December.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, I purchased the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually having the exact same issue. First it said I needed to update windows 10 to 11. Once I did that and tried to sign it, it wanted me to install Internet Explorer. I do not want Internet Explorer! I am so confused and I have work to do! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only version 11.8 is compatible with Win11. Can you check the version number under Help, About Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources