• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Classic stage disappeared

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Captivate Classic 11.8.2.216 and am running Ventura 13.6 on my Mac OS. When I open my older Captivate files everything seems to work great but the stage is just a blank space. Set it to "Best Fit" and nothing appears. The timeline is there and so is the film strip. This happens with files on my desk top and files on a server. It even happens with Captivate Classic Sample Projects in the eLearning Assets folder. See below:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 5.01.26 PM.png

Stage is totally not there. Even if I start a brand new project you still can't see the stage. I have completely uninstalled every Captivate version I had on this computer and reinstalled the newest Captivate Classic. Still the same result. No stage. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That version is buggy. Did you try the usual troubleshooting worfklows already? I talk about cleaing the cache and cleaning the Preferences. More details in:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Cleaned Cashe and Preferences. I have been trying to work this out with Adobe and everything they are telling me to do doesn't work either. I have to be on Ventura OS for all my other applications here at work but I wasn't aware if the older 2019 Captivate was compatible with Ventura or not. If so maybe I should uninstall and go back to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I kept version 11.5.5.553 but I am a Windows user. From what I read daily here and on other media, version 11.8 has a lot of bugs and problems. Moreover some features were deprecated which were very useful. Version 12 lost even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I run Cp Classic on MacOS Ventura 13.5.2 and don't experience your issue. Your screenshot with the empty stage shows that this particular project is a responsive project in Breakpoint mode. (See the purple bar on top of your stage set to desktop).

Have you tried other modes like with responsive with fluid boxes or a blank project? Is there still the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That project is a sample project from the CpC files. But all projects look like that. New Blank Cpc project or older Captive versions. The weird thing is it finally started working (I could see the stage and make some edits) last week and when I went in to edit some more this week the stage disappeared again. And now just hasn't reappeard no matter what I try.  I am running Ventura 13.6.2 now as of this morning after an update. Didn't matter. I wonder if I should try and go back down to the version of Ventura you are running. Not sure how to do that though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait my MacOS still says 13.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you can easily go back to Ventura 13.5.2 once you updated to a higher version. Anyway your post made me aware of the 13.6.1 update in the pipeline and in the meantime I've updated to that version. And CpClassic 11.8.2.216 is working fine. Stage is visible and editable.  It's strange that yours worked briefly last week and now is failing again. But at least it shows there is some hope, not all is lost. But the problem is very likely not related to the Captivate version or your MacOS version. It must be something else, don't know what yet but if I have an idea, I'll come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources