• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Crashes when launching the Software Simulator

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried many suggestions from other posts, but I can't seem to fix Captivate from crashing. I have reached out to Adobe support, no response yet. And I have some Modules ready. Can I lean on the forum to help troubleshoot what could be happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

The Adobe Support Team was able to identify and resolve what turned out to be an unused software conflict. I'm grateful, Gaurav. The situation here is good. I appreciate you reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I believe I had the same issue. I have the trial version of Captivate and when I try to upload to Youtube directly from Captivate, it crashes. 

What you can do to have an overview on what you created is to export it to HTML 5 and a window opens online. 

Then if you want to use it and share it, your content needs to be hosted on a plateform that can handle HTML 5 content

Hope it helped you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about a Software simulation or a Video Demo? The other answer was pointed only to a Video Demo, because you cannot upload a software simulation directly to YouTube. It needs to be published to MP4 to do so, while Video Demo has only MP4 as possible output.

Which exact version of Captivate are you using? You find the full version number under Help, About Captivate.

Are you using multiple monitors? If yes: the application to be captured needs to be on the primary monitor.

Do you get a message about editing the AdobeCaptivate.ini file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you referring to a video demo or a software simulation? The other response merely directed users to a video demo because software simulations cannot be uploaded directly to YouTube. In contrast to Video Demo, which can only produce MP4, it must be published to MP4 to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out it was an unused Software conflict that Adobe Support Team was able to locate and fix. Thank you, Gaurav. All is good over here. Thank you for reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up. Such a problem is difficult to detect without having access to your system indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Support Team was able to identify and resolve what turned out to be an unused software conflict. I'm grateful, Gaurav. The situation here is good. I appreciate you reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources