• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Demo keeps requesting activation and shuts down

New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a common problem. Been through a few hours of wasted time trying to troubleshoot this. Two different computers. Both on Windows 11 and with modifications. The most recent, an i7-12700 w/ Nvidia 3060 6GB VRAM and 40GB system RAM. All other Adobe products work (outside their usual idiocyncracies) although it takes 10 minutes to launch CC these days...

Captivate demo does as many say. It opens, clicking activate closes it, it pops up again within about 10 seconds, we go through this three or four times and the program shuts down. This seems to be a persistent issue since release and even support has no answers. Is this still true? Because I can't find one and I don't mind digging through my directories.

The return on investment here is quickly fading. After 30 or so years, Adobe is feeling quite stagnant if this is the quality we've come to expect for the cost...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more information about which specific major and minor version of Captivate you are using?

If the app is having issues finding your user license, there may be something about your environment that is blocking Captivate from being able to get to Adobe's licensing servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is that that it is the US English Windows version direct from Adobe, which very oddly downloaded a zip file rather than a single executible, which I then had to manually extract. Luckily, I know computers. I'm pretty sure 4 in 5 would have failed that and I noticed there were no instructions (a good lol, really!)

Because the program is forcing me out, there are no means to get to settings for that info. It came straight from the site. The zipped folder is named "AdobeCaptivate_x64_LS21". I installed this on two machines, both running Windows 11. Both are kept updated with the monthly rollouts for OS and Security and exceed performance requirements.

I've gone through the routine user related things, making sure one computer was signed off and shut down so there was no confusion between the two. I'm not an average computer user. I went through registry items and manipulated files and directories to try and make this work, yet I notice that no one on Adobe's side can answer it.

Ironically, I received a very outsourced email today asking for a 30 minutes sales call to sell me on this $1,300ish/year brick under the guise of asking about my experience. I was just finishing that email! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know that the installation workflow is not smooth at all, but I am just a user. I even launched a request to have it more similar to installing and updating CC applications.

I use a Win11 system as well, updated regularly. You can install the trial version on two systems without any problem. Of course you need admin rights and needs to be logged in with an Adobe ID.

DId you already send a mail to CaptivateHelp@adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources