Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Glossary headword selected

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have a problem with the captivate glossary. How can i link to the glossary with a specific headword already selected? I have only managed to link to the glossary itself but then, i have to search the glossary again and i need to avoid this for my customer. Is there any solution on this?

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the "headword" part of some content outside the Glossary slide?

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

The problem is the following:

I have a text inside a slide. There is a sentence linke "You think with your brain". The word "brain" has a link to the glossary. When you click on it, the glossary opens and you can search for "brain". But I need the word "brain" already selceted with the corresponding description shown.

I dont want the user to loose time, searching in the glossary manually by typing "brain" in the search window inside the glossary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is possible with the Glossary interaction. However, you can check out CP Guru's Glossary Widget.

http://www.cpguru.com/glossary-widget-for-adobe-captivate/

In a comment for that post, CP Guru mentioned that he will look into this requirement. So, you can contact him for more details.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this widget flash-based or is it possible to export this in a html5-output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is, AFAIK that is the case for all widgets by Michael Lund (cpguru). Did you ask him? Why don't you use the Glossary interaction, that is guaranteed for HTML5-output? I know it has much less possiblities than Michael's excellent widget but since you want HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible in the new Glossary interaction to link ndividual words directly to the right content in the Glossary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not. That is why I told you that Michael's widget is much more powerful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Glossary from CP-Guru has no html5 export.

"Furthermore it requires that your course is delivered as an SWF. You cannot use the Glossary Widget with projects published to .exe or .app or as an HTML5 project exported from Adobe Captivate 6."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I answered, only very few widgets are compatible with HTML5 output (couple of exceptions from Jim Leichliter).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you possibly just use a rollover for the definition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shure could I, but this is no glossary.

But thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources