• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate not showing up in adobe cloud?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I just purchased a monthly subscription for adobe captivate through my account with creative cloud. However, when I click download from the purchase screen it sends me to the creative cloud browser which does not have Captivate populated. I went through the desktop app for creative cloud as well still can't find it. Not sure what to do. Please any help would be much appreciated!

-Thank you!

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although you need to install the CC application (for Adobe fonts in Captivate), Captivate is not part of the Creative Cloud. Your license should appear on your Adobe account, which you can reach from the CC manager as well.

To download Captivate try this: download the trial version from:

https://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/direct-download.html

Be sure to use the same Adobe ID you used for the purchase of the subscription license. When you start Captivate that ID will be recognized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings! I cannot find Captivate after downloading it, either. My company authorized it for me and I do see it listed in my list of available programs in Adobe. While the download appeared successful, the program doesn't show up when look in the "Type here to search" bar or by selecting the Windows icon in the lower left corner of my computer and looking through the programs. I tried the suggestion to click to download the trial version in hopes it would trigger Captivate to open, but it just tell me that my "company" account is not supported for a trial version. I looked through each of the download in hopes of a .exe file that I could manually launch, but nothing. Any other suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check in your account for the available programs? 

After downloading you need to install the application by running the exe file. Was that the case?

Another possibility is that the licenses for CC and for Captivate are not linked to the same Adobe ID.  Are both individual licenses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did check my account for available programs and Adobe Captivate is listed. Yes. I ran the "Setup" file (see attached screeenshot of the file) which I assume is the .exe.

I only have one Adobe id, so the last suggestion is unlikely. My company got me the license for both CC and Captivate (separately). I've had CC for years and just got the license for Captivate recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you on Mac?

No duplicate Adobe ID, but is it possible that the CC license is a team license, and Captivate an individual license? I have seen some users having issues with that situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources