• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Screen capturing errors and timing off

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been usiug Captivate (Cp) for many years and never had this issue until Captivate 2019. While recording screens for a software simulation, Cp does not capture the screen and the drop-down menu correctly. When I capture a sequence that includes showing a drop-down menu, the prview show the text caption where to click, but the drop-down menu does not show until the last second of the slide. It goes by so fast it is unusable. When I edit the actual slide, the drop-down menu "drops down" at the last second of the slide and I can't edit or change the timing. I think Cp used to capture this as two seperate slides, one showing the mouse on the way to the drop-down menu and another slide with the menu "dropped down." I also tried manually capturing extra screen shots, but that is not working well either. I searched but could not find help articles or YouTubes about this. I can't be the only one having this issue, am I?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure which exact versio you are using, because the common 'CP2019' covers a lot of releases, the most recent one being 11.8, and there was a main release 11.5 which added tons of features on 11.0 and fixed some bugs. Can you please mention the exact version you see under Help, About Captivate?

Which mode(s) did you use for the Software sim: demo, Training, Assessment or combinations? I never use Demo anymore since Video Demo offers a much better quality for a non-interactive demo. Extra manual screenshots are always a good idea, but wonder why you are having the described issues which may be due to the fact that you are working with an older release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources