Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

captivate versus ispring

Guru ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

A co-worker aske me this question about captivate and i dont' knwo the answer.

They told me about Ispring (https://www.ispringsolutions.com/), and they said that this prouduct allows you to inmpr a .pdf and export out a API module.

Can Captivate do that?

thanks

jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not compare two completely different applications, please.

There are three applications which are PPT plug-ins: iSpring, Adobe Presenter and Articulate Presenter. Those are plug-ins and meant to convert a PPT to an eLearning course. 

However those are NOT really eLearning authoring tools. In that category you can find Captivate, Lectora, StoryLine. Those are not plug-ins forcing you to start with a presentation (which is IMO totally different from real eLearning) but have many features to allow you to create interactive and engaging eLearning assets. Of course the quality depends at least as much on the skills of the developers as on the tools. Those tools have more features and less limitations than the plug-ins of the first category.

Exporting to SCORM, xAPI is perfectly possible with all tools, cannot really tell if all tools can export to xAPI.  Linking to a pdf included with the course is possible in Captivate without any doubt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not comparing anything I was asking if captivate has the feature ispring has.

your feedback did not answer my question at all. 

Let's try it again:

ispring can import .pdf file and export modules with the .pdf embedded, can captivate do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I answered that as well but you didn't understand. The pdf will be included in the callees subfolder of the output to HTML5. In the Captivate course you'll have a link to that pdf, which may have a totally different size from the slides in the course. Maybe you have another definition of 'embedded'? The output is not just one file, it is a folder with many assets and files. HTML5 output is like a website, and that is always a folder as well to be uploaded to a webserver, or in case of a SCO or similar to a LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources