• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Caption - Fonts changing

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add closed caption to training modules I have developed.  I made sure to create the cc parameters for the project before working on any slides.  For some reason I can't explain, on the same slide, captivate can change font a number of times.  And it has nothing to do with resizing because I have very short sentences that are appearing with a tiny font.  I've tried redoing the slides from scratch without any cut and paste in case some font settings were secretly copied, it still changes the font but not necessarily for the same sentences.  The only commonality I have identified between the problematic slides is that they contain alot of Text to Speech sentences.  When viewing the next five slides in preview mode, they are perfectly fine.  But the published version is a different thing.  You find screen copies in published mode below, as well as the preview mode.  On one of my slides, it even introduces italic at one point.  It is not a responsive project.  Help please.Pb with closed caption 3.PNGPb with closed caption 4.PNG Pb with closed caption 3 preview mode.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is not a responsive project, the ONLY Preview method which is showing a temporary HTML output is F11, Preview HTML in Browser. All other Preview methods use SWF output.

Is that Preview from F11, Preview HTML in Browser?

Did you define the object style? Is this a web safe font or an Adobe font?  Which Theme do you use? Is this a theme created in the same version as you are using? Can you check the full version number under Help, About Captivate please?

For CC: did you set up for the whole project, or slide per slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 11.5.1.499.

I select Next 5 slides from the Preview button.  I use the theme called Dynamic that comes with Captivate 9. It uses the Tahoma font by default.  I've set the cc settings at the project and chose to overide the slides settings from the start. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Told you in my first answer to use ONLY Preview HTML in Browser (F11) because with your Preview method you are looking at the SWF output, which can be rather different from HTML output.

Please update ASAP to the most recent version which is 11.5.5.553.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried that but previewing HTML in Browser doesn't seem to show closed caption.  How would that help me identify the issue with the font size in closed caption?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources