• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context menu does not react properly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wonder if anyone else has had this problem, but when I use the context menu in Adobe Captivate (2019 release) to, for example, duplicate a slide or adjust the mouse position to that on the previous page, I often have to press the mouse button a few times before the command in the context menu even responds. This is quite frustrating in the long run. It seems as if the context menu is not in the focus of the mouse click. Does anyone know what could be the reason for this delayed reaction time?

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some more details about the situation, because I am mostly guessing now. With 'context menu' I suppose you mean the menu appearing with the second mouse button (on Windows)? However I am not sure on which object you used it because its content depends on the clicked object and the situation. You talk about 'mouse' action, so you probably are in a software simulation or a Video Demo? Moreover CP2019 covers so many releases, please give the full version number which you can find under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, the situation is as follows: I work on a Windows 10 computer, the Captivate version is the 2019 version 11.5.1.499. First I record a software simulation, then I edit the slides in Captivate. There I use the context menu to duplicate slides or adjust the mouse. I right-click on a slide that I want to duplicate. The Captivate context menu appears and there I click on "Duplicate" - and nothing happens. The context menu is still there, as if my mouse click had not taken place. I click on "Duplicate" again - and still nothing happens. I check to see if the mouse can be moved, yes it can, because I can highlight any command in the context menu by moving the mouse over it. So I have to click two or three more times on "Duplicate" - and finally Captivate recognises my mouse click and duplicates the slide (and the context menu disappears). The same problem occurs when I want to hide, copy or delete a slide. Or when I want to adjust the mouse position on a slide to that of the previous or next slide using the context menu. But I suspect it is a very specific problem as it is not discussed in the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update at least to 11.5.5.553 which fixes some bugs (not yours).

Maybe a 'stupid' question, but was the Filmstrip the active panel and did you click on the slide in the Filmstrip? The Duplicate command (CTRL-D) is valid for objects as well, if you select an object on the stage you can duplicate it. But if no object is selected and you want to duplicate the slide, you need to use the context menu on the slide in the Filmstrip. My apologies (or curse me like many do) if this is too obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when I duplicate, the filmstrip is the active panel and I click on the slide in the filmstrip. It is different, of course, when I adjust the mouse. Then I click on the mouse object on the stage. But the result is the same in both cases - my click on the context menu is not recognised by Captivate, as I described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never had that problem, nor did I see it appear in this forum (which I follow daily).

Try to clear the cache and clean the Preferences, it is possible that CP is somehow corrupted. More info about that:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-troubleshooting

Mouse object is tricky: if you have a sequence of slides with a mouse object from a sim, it can be edited only on the first slide since the end and starting points on sequenced slides are linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources