• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Hotspot where flashing graphic appears exactly where user clicks

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a custom hotspot interaction where I want a small flashing graphic to appear on the hotspot exactly where the user clicks the pointer. They will then click a button to submit their answer. They will be clicking on a software screen with a lot of text lines and fields. For the correct answer hotspot (where an invisible checkbox covers correct answer) this is not a big issue, as the area is small and the flashing graphic will appear near where they click. However, for an incorrect click, it is an issue, because the user can click anywhere on the rest of the screen (an invisible checkbox covers rest of screen for incorrect answer).

Any suggestions using advanced actions, or is this a Javascript solution?

Edit: I realized I can simplify by having the feedback appear immediately after they click somewhere. Still, it would be nice to have the click hotspot > flashing graphic on exact spot clicked > click submit button effect I described.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Advanced Actions will not allow you to make an animated hotspot appear at the exact spot where a learner clicks on the screen.  That functionality is built into the Hot Spot quiz question, but it's not available by default in any other area of Captivate.

However, if you were considering using HTML5 as your output, then the CpExtra widget might be of use.

Positioning Slide Objects | Infosemantics Pty Ltd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not exactly sure I understand the problem because if the learner clicks anywhere outside the correct hotspot, they will be clicking inside the incorrect hotspot and the icon will still show where they clicked, right? FYI, just to be sure, your correct hotspot is above the big incorrect one on the timeline, right?

If you want to limit the learner to click only inside the software screen, make your incorrect hotspot just as large as the software screen and make sure the Allow Clicks only on Hotpots option is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I worded my question very well. Let me try again. I want my custom hotspot question to work similar to the built-in Hotspot question slide, where when the user clicks anywhere on the slide, either on or off the hotspot location, a twirling graphic appears exactly where they clicked. That graphic will remain until the user clicks Submit.

How do I replicate the graphic appearing in the exact location where I just clicked? Seems like Captivate would have to know the exact coordinates you clicked and trigger the graphic to appear in that exact location. Is this possible using advanced actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm which version you are using and the operating system?

Could you test with a rollover image?

Screenshot 2017-03-11 09.19.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 9 on OS X 10.9.5. Sorry, I'm not sure how to test my issue using a rollover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Advanced Actions will not allow you to make an animated hotspot appear at the exact spot where a learner clicks on the screen.  That functionality is built into the Hot Spot quiz question, but it's not available by default in any other area of Captivate.

However, if you were considering using HTML5 as your output, then the CpExtra widget might be of use.

Positioning Slide Objects | Infosemantics Pty Ltd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources