• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop within scored End quiz

Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question regarding adding a D&D slide to the quiz at the end of a module.

I selected "include in quiz" and "add to total" already.

It is a quiz with multiple question with a "submit all" at the end.

Is the D&D really part of that quiz in the sense that you can go back and forth within all the quiz questions and change things before you submit all your answers at the end?

Or will the D&D always have to be "submitted" right at the end of that very slide? Which means that that it is tricky to put it in the middle of the other quiz slides.

Also, if there are any hidden pitfalls when trying to add D&D to a quiz kindly let me know any additional tips.

Thanks a lot as always!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published several blogs about having the same features for scored D&D slides as you have for default quiz slides. However I have never used it with Submit All, which is even tricky with normal quiz slides.  I never had really good experiences with it except for short quizzes. Here are some links:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/d-and-d-feedback-messages

http://blog.lilybiri.com/create-review-state-for-scored-drag-and-drop-slide

http://blog.lilybiri.com/custom-failure-messages-slash-attempts-drag-and-drop

http://blog.lilybiri.com/custom-failure-messages-slash-attempts-drag-and-drop

I don't understand why you call it tricky to keep the D&D slide in the middle of quiz slides? You can always allow to navigate over that D&D slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lieve.

Thank you.

Well, if I am not mistaken the "submit all" does not affect the D&D slide.
If the D&D is set to "1 try" and someone wants to retake the quiz after failing they will be sent to a D&D slide that shows no "submit" button. That is what just happened and maybe there is a solution I don´t see...

If it is set to "no limit" on retries of that 1 slide then the learner will not be able to progress unless s/he gets the right answer on that D&D slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means indeed that D&D is not included in the scored slides which you can navigate freely with Submit All. Same as the Review state will not show the same information as the default quiz slides. I am sure that when starting a new attempt on quiz level, the D&D slide will be reset like the other quiz slides.

What you described with Unlimited Attempts on D&D slide is normal, that is the setting also used with Knowledge Check slides.  You may look at my blog about the feedback messages, and warn the learner that they will not be able to change the submitted answer once it is entered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!
Let me check again but last time I think it had registered the D&D as completed and did not give the option to start fresh. That would be what I want...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you were right! No idea why it did not show them the first time.

So, putting in the D&D slide among the others it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it is solved. Could you mark the answer which you consider to have helped you as correct to close the thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources