• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded Content not loading up with the latest IE6 update

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2006 Apr 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest IE6 update; however those html pages (that were generated by Captivate) which contain embedded .swf file prompt me with "Click to activate and use this control'.
I found a solution which is described in: http://www.pixelmill.com/(tbdevgjqf22t0fqhdg3we0a4)/support/support_article.aspx?sid=90bvb9hiuv8g2qj...
However, it involves a lot of manual changes to all my generated .html pages.

Will there be any patch from RoboHelp to resolve the above issue? Or is there a better solution that we can employ that does not involve a lot of manual adjustment.

Thank you,
Linda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2006 Apr 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda

I'm confused. You are posting in a Captivate forum, yet are asking if a RoboHelp patch will resolve your issue? Are you using Captivate or RoboHelp? Or are you possibly combining the two?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2006 Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you aren't familiar with this problem now, you will be in the next few days... :-(

This thread will explain more:
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=194&threadid=1125916&highlig...

Seems that Microsoft is making it impossible to launch "Active" content (such as Flash, applets, etc.) without either the author doing some scripting behind the scenes or the user manually activiating the Flash by clicking on it. This is not a security issue; it is a patent/licensing issue and Microsoft is releasing it TODAY as part of their monthly IE Security Update. (Rather than settle with the patent owner, Microsoft has chosen to pass the buck to developers...)

I have used the "FlashObject" JavaScript from http://blog.deconcept.com/flashobject with success on other Flash movies, but it's not working with Captivate movies that some others in my company have developed. These Captivate movies use a "launcher" SWF file, which launches fine, but it never loads the subsequent target Captivate movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2006 Apr 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution jet? I'f i try to go to the link above, i get an error, so i can't see what to do about it.
Is ther coming a patch from Captivate?

Best regards, Jan Willem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2006 Apr 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan

Apparently the update went into place on my personal laptop overnight last night. I awoke this morning to discover it had rebooted itself and it was patiently waiting for me to enter my bootup password. Anyhoo, I happened to notice that today when I hovered the mouse over my Captivate movie, I saw the dreaded “click to activate and use this control” message that popped up in a tooltip. What to do?

Well, I did notice that it seemed to require a mouse click to "activate" the control, but simply running the movie seemed to be fine. I then wondered what would be disabled. When my movie got to the first button, the initial click was used to enable the control. Then the second click was accepted and progressed the movie.

I hopped out on the web and found a page at the following URL:

http://www.amarasoftware.com/flash-problem.htm

After following the instructions there, my files seemed fine.

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Copied the code on the page and pasted into an empty Notepad.

theObjects = document.getElementsByTagName("object");
for (var i = 0; i < theObjects.length; i++) {
theObjects .outerHTML = theObjects.outerHTML;
}

2. Saved as file name ieupdate.js.

3. Copied the link code and pasted between the closing object and center tags.

Before:
</object>
</center>

After:
</object>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ieupdate.js"></script>
</center>

It occurs to me that one could easily modify the "seed" HTML page Captivate uses when it creates the HTML page. This page is named standard.htm and is found in the following location:
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Captivate\Templates\Publish

This would save tweaking the HTM each time you publish. Then you would only need to worry about making sure you copied the associated ieupdate.js file to the same folder.

You gotta love lawsuits. I really hope those that "won" are happy that we all now have to jump through all the hoops to make things work. Sheesh

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2006 Apr 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I determined my problem with Captivate movies; it had nothing to do with FlashObject or the IE fix, but some other changes I was making at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the changes to the standard.htm file with success. However, I publish most of my demos full screen. Can someone tell me how to edit the fs.htm file so that I can get the same results? I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to editing html so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda

I may be sadly mistaken, but I don't think you need to change that page. I'd leave it be. My reason is because all this page does is contain the JavaScript and corrresponding link that opens the destination page that displays the .SWF.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If I publish to html it works fine. I don't have to click to activate. If I publish full screen I get the message to click to activate. If it was just one short demo it wouldn't really be a problem, but its a demo with an indexed linked to several other's and you have to click to activate everytime a new movie loads.

Thanks.

Juli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources