• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Quiz

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an external quiz that was created with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS.  I am able to view it by zipping it and dropping it on the page.  Can anyone tell me how to set the completion status, success status, and quiz score for the lms?  I've been stuck for a few days.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have someone good with JavaScript, you might be able to scrape the scoring results from the questions and populate the Captivate-generated scoring variables also in JavaScript. Way beyond my abilities. I would likely recreate the questions using the features built into Captivate.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Paul that the quickest solution is likely to be just recreating the quiz questions in Captivate question slides.  If you have already been stuck on this problem for several days, unless you have hundreds of questions, you could already have completed this task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recreating those quiz slides in Captivate, to take advantage of all the features which are built in (multiple attempts on quiz level, review and retake) for the quiz slides in Captivate is not so hard. I recently posted a complete basic course explaining those features in 5 blog posts. Here is a link to the first of those posts:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/quiz-basics-1-terminology

Personally I would recommend to import questions/answers using the GIFT import, check and eventually edit the quizzing master slides in the theme you want to use. Most of the work will be done at that moment, just import the GIFT file. You can also use random questions from one or more question pools, I doubt your manually crafted quiz has that possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually my "manually crafted quiz" does that and more. The features I want to keep are the ability to show the selected answer and the correct answer on the results page and retake the quiz more than once after reviewing the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, so you miss only the transfer of the data to the LMS. You'll need some more programming, and I cannot help you with that.

BTW: I have also blogged about Captivate workflows about Review/Retake conflict and showing answers on a custom results slide. I am sure your results are much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources