• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal Error Adobe Captivate with Spell Check

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else getting a fatal error any time you run a spell check in Adobe Captivate? I had been using Captivate 2019 and experienced the error. Then I had Captivate Classic installed on my device this week and hoped the error would stop, but it still happens. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent version labeled Captivate Classic is rather buggy. I rarely use spell check, just double-checked on both 11.5.5.553 and 11.8.2 and no issues here. That means something is wrong in your system. Can you try to clean the Preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to have to agree that it seems buggy. It also takes forever to open in comparison to 2019. Of course, the install took the 2019 version off, so I'll have to check with my IT dept. to see if I can get it back. I had cleared my cache the other day to see if that would improve it (no luck) and while trying to go through my preferences just now I got another fun error message.

My 2019 version was 11.8.0.586, so not the same as you. I'll go with don't upgrade to that version!

2024-04-17_10-30-52.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All versions of 11.8 have been buggy compared with 11.5.5 which was very stable. BTW this is the third main release under the common name CP2019, after 11.0 and 11.5.

You need admin rights to clean the Preferences. Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder, and run 'CleanPreferences...' appropriate for your OS while Captivate is closed. Worth to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this and still not working, is there any known fixes for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are not the original OP, can you tell me which version you are using please? The full version can be found under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Captivate 2019 (64Bit).

Same boat as another poster here Michelle, ours is through employer. Its effecting a few people. 

We have tried the cleaning prefrences, uninstall and reinstall, brand new devices and every time asoon as you try and do spell check it crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same question as I asked the OP: CP2019 is the common name for three main releases which are mutually incompatible, and patch releases. Which version are you using exactly? You find the version number under Help, About Captivate. I couldn't reproduce the problem in 11.5.5.553 & 11.8.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know it's not just me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Captivate version 11.8.1.209 and the spellchecker works fine for me on Windows 11.

I don't really use it a lot, but I've not seen it crash.  I checked it just now on a recent project and everything went fine.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest you try doing a clean reinstall of Captivate with the latest version of 2019 available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to check in with my IT Team - unfortunately my Captivate is through my employer and they removed my Captivate 2019 and installed Captivate Classic and the newest Adobe Captivate. Before I go through that trouble of making the request I'd love to hear if anyone else has that version and doesn't have the spell checker crash the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources