• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluid box button positioning

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still fairly new to Captivate and watching through various tutorials, so apologies if this is a super obvious fix and I just haven't gotten to that video yet.

So. I’m struggling quite a bit with fluid boxes and positioning. I'm primarily working with interactive video, using simple button navigation to jump between slides. Buttons don’t necessarily need to stay in the exact position, as I realize this defeats the purpose of have a responsive design, but I wondering if it’s possible to at least stay within the “frame” of the video.

For example, here's how a rough demo looks on the desktop view, with a resolution of 1600 x 900:

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 1.37.26 PM.png

And here's how it looks when previewing a smaller viewport:

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 1.37.50 PM.png

The buttons just slide to the middle of the screen and it looks absolutely ridiculous. I've tried various combinations of horizontal and vertical boxes, percentage vs exact pixel, but can't figure out how to keep it reasonably positioned, if that level of control is even possible.

I thought I had figured it out by using breakpoint design instead, as that offers far more nuanced control, but the max size of 1280 pixels is a serious problem - I need to be able to scale to larger monitor sizes.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to approach this, it'd be much appreciated! And again, please excuse my new user ignorance. 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?