• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FREE WIDGETS!!!

Advisor ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed some ActionScript 3 widgets for Cp4 that I've used in my projects and wanted to share them with the rest of the community.  If you end up using them, please post a comment on my blog.

1. Customize the TOC Expander Button
  2. Video in the TOC (or logo, caption, ..etc)
  3. Use a Variable as the default text in a Text Entry Box
  4. Reposition the Closed Caption Box (Gives you room for a logo or video)
  5. Reposition the playbar and show/hide its buttons

Enjoy,

Jim Leichliter

http://jimleichliter.blogspot.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 05, 2010 Jun 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahmet Cetin suggested on my blog that he wanted to use variables in the URL of a slide entry or exit action.  He was integrating Cp with the DotNetNuke platform.  I thought it was a great idea so here it is:

VarsInURLSlide.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim,

I am encountering problems with importing AS2-based interactive flash animations into CP4. The trouble is that I'm asked to reuse existing e-learning content (created by a competitor), loaded with AS2, within CP4. According to the CP4 Help files I should create a widget in Flash, via the CP4 File menu, and then modify the AS2 script on the first frame. OK, modify what exactly? No further explanations are given.
When I import the "flashbutton"-widget example provided in the CP4 program folder, I encounter no problems in CP4 and am able to use that button to jump one slide ahead. However, I have created a simple test movie with two arrow buttons that slide a blue square from left to right and back across the stage. When I publish the swf, it works fine. When I merge that movie with the "interactive widget" template in Flash and publish the swf, it still works fine. When I import the widget into CP4 and click the arrows in the "New interactive widget" panel it stil works fine, but when it's on a slide and I preview the project, I do see the cursor change into a hand when I move over an arrow button, but clicking it will not move the blue square. Do you have any suggestions for me on how to get this to work? I have several animations with far more complicated interactivity that I need to reuse, but if I can't get even this simple one to work... I can provide you with the animation of course.

Kind regards, André

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andre,

I PMed you with my email.  I'd be happy to take a look.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanx for your mails!

After I posted my question yesterday, I had already managed to stumble upon this article on the "_root issue in Captivate" http://blogs.adobe.com/preran/2009/02/_root_issue_in_adobe_captivate.html

and I was going to try that one out today, but the "_lockroot"-option looks to be a better solution, especially in regard to using more than one animation per CP4-file.

As I'm not a flash programmer, but merely a simple flash user (illustrator, yes), I'm not sure how and where to implement that _lockroot property in the AS2-code of the animation. Could you still take a look at my example animation for me and implement it there? I might be able to use that as a template for further exploration.

It seems I may have to take a course in actionscript after all... But then I'd much rather dive into AS3, instead of AS2 :o(

Anyway, thanx a million in advance, because if this _lockroot solution does what it promises, it will cure what has become an unbearable headache by now!

With kind regards,

André Kamer

Illustrator / Graphic Designer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andre,

You may find this post helpful.

Regards,

Jim Leichliter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 28, 2011 May 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these free widgets have a new home at http://CaptivateDev.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also download free trial versions of all Infosemantics AS3 widgets for Captivate 4, 5, and 5.5 at this page now: http://www.infosemantics.com.au/free_trial_widgets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources