• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help convert Captivate 1 to Captivate 2

Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2007 Apr 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When converting a 640 MB Captivate version 1 file to Captivate version 2, the following message appears:
Exception EStreamError in module converter.dll at 00025326.
Is there a physical limit on file size that would cause a conversion error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2007 Apr 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Barbara

Wow, that's a monster movie there!

You might try taking that huge movie and begin dicing it into smaller chunks by clicking File > Save As... and repeatedly slicing it up by removing large sections. I'm not sure how many slides you have, but for a movie of that size, either you have recorded at full screen when the screen was probably larger than 1024 x 768 or you have hundreds of slides. Assuming you have hundreds of slides, I'd click File > Save As and choose a new name. Then I'd return to the original and remove all but perhaps the first 50 slides or so. Then open the new movie. File > Save As... to create the third. This time around, delete from slide one to however many you chopped out of the first one. So in this case, slides 1-50. Then skip to the new slide 51 and delete from there to the end. Repeat as necessary until the movies are smaller sized, then try the importing and I'll bet it goes smoother.

Sorry, don't have any tricks up my sleeve or magick incantations that will allow you to "fix" the current situation and bring the whopper from version 1 to version 2 format cleanly.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources