• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can one slide background contain multiple screen shots?

Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression that each slide background captured in a simulation is a separate screen shot. However, on one of mine, it changes at the end and I'm finding I don't have the control over it that I need. It doesn't have an icon showing it's a full motion recording, so I'm rather confused about what's happening here.

It's a simulation where an error message comes up and you click on the OK button. This one particular slide shows the screen before the error, and at the very end, the error box shows up. I would think when the error box shows up, a separate slide/screen should have been captured. I'm having difficulty because I cannot time the clicking of OK on the error correctly because it shows up only at the very end of the slide no matter how long I make the slide last.

I don't have the ability to re-record this simulation so if you can help me separate these events/slides, that would be very helpful!

Thank you so much!
Jo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Hi there

I think Adobe even has a knowledge base article on the phenomenon.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this too, though usually in older versions of Captivate. Curiously, what version are you using?

I've never found a way to separate them within Captivate. Best I can suggest is copy the background and paste it into Photoshop (or whatever imaging program you may have). Most likely, that will be the image that you see for most of the frame. Hard part now is a capture of the other part of the screen... You may have luck scrubbing to that point then doing an alt-prntscrn to capture the whole interface to your clipboard.

Or you may just have to play the slide and hit alt-printscreen at the exact time until you capture the slide...

Either way, paste that into Photoshop as well and crop out the CP interface. Now you've got two separate backgrounds.

Add two new slides right after this problematic one and paste the new backgrounds.

Recreate whatever processes you were doing in the problematic slide, then delete it.

I've never had luck getting rid of those changing backgrounds without just dumping the slide entirely, once making static screenshots from it.

HTH

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'll give that a try. It's good to hear you've seen it before and I'm not crazy because I just don't get how it's possible without it being full motion video!

FYI: I'm using the trial version of v4.

Thanks,
Jo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If its a capture recording, there you should find a separate slide created when you clicked on the OK button. Identifying the particular slide and changing its display time should help? I hope am not missing something.

regards,

mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not it. I would expect it to be a separate slide but it's not. It's difficult to explain or even understand what's happening. I ended up using the workaround of creating a screenshot of the background I needed and creating a new slide with that and just deleting the odd slide that contained two unexplainable backgrounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think Adobe even has a knowledge base article on the phenomenon.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know, but interesting that the article makes it sound like it can only happen with the calculator app!

Once again, thank you for proving I'm not crazy but Captivate is.

Jo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources