• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to only play a specific sound audio when I click on a certain tab (there are three)

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used a tab widget on one of my slides and want a different voiceover audio depending on the tab that you click on. I saw posts on here saying to set the success caption but I am using the newest version of Adobe Captivate and do not see a sucess caption option. Is there a work around way to do this? For some reason in the interactions of the slide, I am unable to utilize the three buttons from the tab to add if/else conditions to make them play audio.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was possible in Captivate 2019 to create a custom tabbed interaction using objects such as smart shapes and buttons to achieve the kind of interation you describe here. 

However, the new Captivate 12 version has sacrificed a lot of the previous customisation options in the quest for responsive design.

I cannot see any option in the tab widget to add audio to either the widget tabs or their states or the cards that appear.   There do not appear to be any available events you can use to trigger audio file playback on those objects.

Perhaps someone can prove me wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Widgets always have been limited in possible customisation, so I am not at all surprised that this is the case for the new verzion 12 where customisation was at the end of the priority list. There has been a promise that possibility for linking audio will be extended in the future, but I remember a promise almost 5 years ago that the Project library would be added soon. Sorry for my sarcasm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources