• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How to publish captivate file without scorm

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The LMS that I am using does not use/not compatible with Scorm. I have a quiz, knowledge test slides and a bunch of interactions.  How do I go about publishing my e-learning without scorm and loosing the interactivity in my e-learning ?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not set up Reporting in Quiz Preferences. Publish to HTML5. Ask if you need a zipped package to upload? If yes, check the option to zip in the Publishing dialog box. Normally the LMS should unzip the package and launch the index.html file.

However know that you will not get any reporting about the quiz results.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a Learning Management System, perhaps it will accept content that complies with a different standard, even if it will not accept SCORM.

Have you asked your LMS Administrator whether the LMS wil accept AICC, xAPI or some other interactivity standard?

It seems weird that anyone would call their system a true Learning Management System without accepting any standard whatsoever.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You won't lose the interactivity, you will only lose the ability to report on the results of your eLearning. Or as Rod suggested, perhaps one of the other reporting standards is available. For example xAPI or AICC. I would check with the LMS vendor to be certain.

If your LMS does not use a reporting standard that's unfortunate. You see, the ability to report on the results of training is, in my opinion, a business-critical function. At some point, a senior person in your organization might run into you at the lunchroom or in the halls of your offices and ask you how the members of your organization are doing with their eLearning. Without reporting you will not be able to give them an answer. You will not even be able to tell the person if people are completing the training at all.

If you tell the people you report to that an LMS without reporting prevents you from learning anything about the people who are completing training, you might find your organization will be shopping for a new LMS soon.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines