• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 not working in all Browsers

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several web browsers, and can't get the HTML5 file to work on all of them.  On Safari, the audio does not play until I toggle the mute/unmute button on the playback bar.  In Chrome, it works perfect.  In Explorer (an older version on a PC Server) the videos make the whole page freeze with the word "loading..." in the center and the whole page grayed out.  As soon as the video clip is over, it moves on to the next part.  The audio plays throughout.

I am uploading to an FTP server.  Is there a way to get this project to play over all browsers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 support is still not 100% the same across all browsers.
Your 'old Explorer' is likely a completely lost cause. Unless it's a pretty recent version, HTML5 support is probably zero.

Chrome and FF should work pretty darn well, as you've found with Chrome.

I believe the issue with Safari is exactly that, a Safari issue. Apple makes their products now with mobile-first in mind. Automatic playing of anything without user 'touch' is almost surely not going to happen.

Ensuring HTML5 works as expected across all browsers is a challenge in all areas. Captivate does a pretty good job these days, but you do need to be using browsers released in the last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is the problem with a technique that has not a real standard like was the case for the Flash Player. IE always has been a bad student, and that is certainly the case for older versions. Safari is .... you know that Apple never likes to conform to other companies with all the consequences. AutoPlay and Audio is just one of those problems. Welcome to the HTML jungle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources