Exit

Importing SCORM files into Adobe Captivate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I can't find the information.
I have two SCORM files (created in an e-learning design company -> not created with Adobe Captivate).
Each file is in a different language.

I want to create an intermediate activity in Adobe Captivate with two buttons (per language) so that users can select the desired language.

Is this possible?
Can I insert one or more SCORM files into Adobe Captivate and create buttons that link to these files? What if SCORM files are not created in the Adobe suite?

I read that there is a possibility with Adobe Multi-SCORM. Unless I am mistaken, this is only possible with content created in the Adobe suite.

Thank you for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate does not allow you to import SCORM zip packages into a Captivate project file.  Captivate is an app that creates SCORM packages.  The Learning Management System (LMS) is where you upload SCORM zip files.

The Adobe Multi-SCORM Packaging tool ships with Captivate but you are correct that it requires the SCORM zips you add to it are created with Captivate, not some other app.

Another problem you will have is that you appear to be wanting to use one SCORM package to call another one.  This violates the SCORM standard which states that a SCORM package is a totally standalone chunk of learning that does not require files outside the package.  It's supposed to be the navigation provided by the LMS that calls each SCORM to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use an LMS. But we have to publish the 2 SCORM files separately (same content but 2 different languages). We are looking for a solution to publish a single file, with the possibility for the participant to choose the language.
If I understand the end of your message, this is not possible. Unless it is the e-learning company that does it at home, with the export of a single SCORM file.

Thank you very much for your explanations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate has no way to open an existing SCORM file/project?? We would need to completely redo the courses in Captivate from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you publish a SCORM package from a Captivate file you must keep the Captivate file in order to be able to make changes/amendments and publish then a new SCORM package. Always keep the Captivate authoring file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files we have were created for us by an external company. Not even sure the courses were created in Captivate but we're trying to track down the originals.

Since SCORM has such stringent standards, I'd think it would be relatively easy for Adobe to add an "import SCORM project" that no matter what program created them, it would bring it into Captivate for editing. Seems a no brainer for Adobe to draw more customers to the Captivate platform if it could import any SCORM project. 🤷‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SCORM output folder is completely different from the raw project, as I told before.  Although you could replace some assets in that output folder, reconverting it to its original raw version is a lot more complicated than you think. Especially if you are not even sure which tool was used for the creation. Moreover if those courses are bit older, they may contain SWF-components which are no longer supported in any browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should allow us to import Scorm. Would be amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you already have [two] SCORM packages and want to create a language selector to choose between them, you should probably not be using Captivate to do that. You can, however, create a launcher file that allows the learner to choose their language and then redirect to the appropriate SCORM file. I have done this using javascript. Then you would create your own imsmanifest.xml file and bundle all of the files together to create a new SCORM PIF (or ZIP) file.

-Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources