Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In progress Quiz - Cumulative Score makes it possible to cheat

Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're trying to get some online courses and exams published and have run into a show-stopper.  We're using Captivate 4 and Connect Pro 7.5 (onsite version) with the eLearning module.  If a learner quits a quiz in progress and then close it, their place within the quiz is saved - good feature.  The problem is that their view of the curriculum page shows their current Cumulative Score on the exam.  This makes it possible to answer a question, close the exam and find out if they answered correctly so it's pretty easy (albeit time consuming) to cheat your way through an exam.  Our reseller initially told us we can remove Cumulative Score from display but when we actually tried to do it they said they were getting conflicting information from Adobe presales on the issue and haven't heard anything since.  Has anyone found a way to avoid this issue?

cumscore.gif

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that, if possible, best to try to get that removed from within Connect...but you'd have to post to that forum (is there one?) for that question...

You could, perhaps, not report the score in Captivate (though another post here makes me wonder if it can be prevented) by sending Complete/Incomplete instead of Pass/Fail...which in my understanding SHOULD prevent the passing of an actual score...

...no?

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2010 Feb 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the Connect Pro Training forum, but it looked like there hadn't been any replies in a few months and since it's sometimes hard to tell what's controlled through Captivate versus Connect Pro I figured I'd try the more active forum.

It seems like this is an all or nothing option.  We finally got a response from Adobe support and they said we can remove the Cumulative Score, but it would be removed from the entire system so we wouldn't have access to that as administrators.  The options for sending information from Captivate seem really limited when using Connect Pro on the back-end, so we're looking into other options because it doesn't seem like we're looking for extraordinary functionality here.  Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 17, 2010 Feb 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, jerebc

The "real" action is here:
http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucbb/

I don't know why it was setup apart from the regular forums, but it is the motherload of all things Adobe Connect (not just the forums)

Hope this helps.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources