• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting flash animations

Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2006 Apr 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same FPS i.e. 30, tried Loop. checked Flash swf publishing settings i.e. player 6 and actionscript 1. Anyone know how to fix this for me?

Regards,

Boxing Boom
TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boxing Boom

Ummm, I hate to sound dense here, but what exactly is the issue? I know it has to do with Inserting flash animations (based on the subject line) but you only listed a few things you have tried in vain to correct whatever the issue is.

* Is the Flash animation being inserted, but failing to appear in the movie?
* Is the Flash animation failing to even insert?
* Is the Flash animation appearing, but running at the wrong speed?

More information might get us closer to helping.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Topic Summary: animation just stops when captivate is paused i.e. button - indeed dense you may be. The Topic summary clearly states the problem. Yes the animation is shown within Captivate, but stops running when the movie is paused.

And I never do things in vain.

Regards,

Boxing Boom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Boxing Boom

Ahhh, there it is. Somehow I managed to space that off and totally overlook it. That'll teach me to look at my laptop before my second cup of coffee! (Actually, I probably clicked Reply without seeing the topic summary. It disappears when replying.

I know you said you tried the loop option, which I'm assuming means the "Loop" check box on the Animation properties. Have you actually configured your animation to loop in Flash? I just tested by inserting one of the stock animations supplied by virtue of installing Captivate, and it kept right on looping when I paused the movie. I'm thinking that perhaps you can gain some insight by pulling one of the source .fla files for these into Flash and see how they did it.

Thanks for keeping me straight... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

First of all, I want to thank you for your quick response, and thank you for your kind help; you are totally correct regarding the stock animations. However, correct me if I am wrong, but the stock animations do not seem to have any actionscript within them. Some how, the gotoandplay command within the swf that I created is not working when inserted within Captivate - strange?
Rick, I would appreciate if you could look into this for me, as I am totally baffled.

Regards,

Boxing Boom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Sorry about this, but the stock animations and text animations all stop as well as my swf file. I was certain that I previously used a left animated arrow on one of my movies and had a button that paused the movie without any problems. The text button, is set to pause the movie slide after 11.3 seconds, which it does, but it also stops any animations (freezes them). I have tried and tried without a positive outcome.
I am just baffled as to why this is happening.

Regards,

Boxing Boom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick,

It's got even stranger; the lines_square.swf stock animation do not freeze, but yet every other animation (stock or my own) that I have tried, freezes. It this another Captivate flaw? Or just a little weirdness directed my way? Either way it is certainly costing me valuable time, trying to sort it out. I would appreciate if you can solve this one for me and thanks.

Regards,

Boxing Boom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources