Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install on MAcbook Pro Issues I cloud

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Has anyone had issues installing Captivate onto a Macbook Pro?

I have a new contract which involves being given a Macbook Pro. Not very experienced with these over a PC and running into a few issues which I hope someone could help with?

I have downloaded the latest version for Mac as I know older versions had issues.

The install process seems to go ok but when I come to open Captivate I have a warning saying that I have missing files. These are theme files and the warning to to copy these files from /applications/Adobe Captivate 2019/Gallery/Layouts/11_8/en_Us to /Users/fredsmith/Documents/My Adobe Captivate Projects/Layouts/11_8/en_us

When I come to look for this file My Adobe Captivate Projects file has been installed on my Icloud drive! I copy the files over as requested and then all seems to work for a while.

The two files are: when I look I find them in my Icloud drive! I have to manually download these and copy them into the install folder. This I have to do every time I open Captivate. I do not have many options where to install Captivate but I have tried both the default location and have selected a different location (on the hard drive). The same issue occurs, why are these files moving to my cloud account?

Once I get over this Captivate seems to be working for a while then randomly when saving a module I get an error saying File does not exist /users/fredsmith/Documents/Adobe Captivate Cached Projects/CPDD77(few more numbers here) /db/compressed_data-3635641908396.cpd. The saved zip file might get corrupted, you should try creating the ZIP again.

I then get the following

/Stage/captivate/11.5.6_macNGL/dev/source/components/ziputils/CPInternalZipUtils.cpp : 535

Then three options are Ignore, Debug or Kill. Sometimes debug works but the file is not saved. 

I am not sure if this is linked to the previous issue.

Any ideas as currently spent 2 days building a module I cannot save.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?