• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Video Kiosk Authoring - Captivate 9 or FLASH or EDGE Animate? What do you recommend and can you help?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A general question - and a freelance opportunity.

I am authoring an interactive touch-screen kiosk video presentation for clients and trying to determine if Captivate 9 is best for my needs. If not, I also have access to Adobe CC 2015 or other development/authoring tools. There are no questions or tracking (currently) for eLearning. Therefore, the video, audio, Powerpoint sync capabilities of the platform are priority.

I would like to develop the presentation myself, but contract with a freelance developer to help me with the process, check my work, take-over if necessary 🙂 This person should have experience with Captivate or other authoring software they would recommend for incorporating video and animation into presentations and courseware. We do all video production and post here.

If you are experienced, and available for approximately 12-24 hours during the next few weeks, let me know of your interest and the best way to contact you.

A few notes:

Program Use: Interactive Display at a trade show kiosk.

Alternate Use: Project Review on tablets and desktops - download from the web - or streamed through the web.

Development  Platform: Mac. (OS X 10.10.5) using Captivate 9 or Adobe CC2015

Target Platform: PC Laptop with Windows 7 Embedded)

Touchscreen Display: IUAE 32” Samsung 320TSN [Native resolution is 1366x768]

Networking: LAN connected at tradeshow, but all assets should be able to playback from target laptop without a connection.

Start Date: Immediately

Due Date: Early October 2015!

Program Assets include:

• Main interface
  • Interactive Controls
  • Powerpoint Slides (timed with video or audio clips)
  • Video Clips (with alpha channel to appear in front of graphics )
  • Audio Clips
  • Bottom Text Panel with disclaimer - Touch this bottom panel and it should rise to cover the program. There is pharma Safety Information, which will be too much, so we would like the text (and possible graphics) to scroll up, either by touch - or through the use of buttons.)
  • There are currently no questions or tracking required.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hugh, Can I suggest you create a new post and thereby a post with the specific issues you are experiencing or unique questions that you might have about using Adobe Captivate in a similar way. Resurrecting a six-year-old post that obviously didn't get very much traction might not get your questions the attention they deserve.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources