• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is There a Limit to the Number of Advanced Actions on a Slide?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have gotten wolf-howling-at-the-moon crazy with a Captivate Classic (11.5.5.553) project that has a lot of text and audio being toggled via Advanced Actions. I am trying to initially HIDE a Continue button and then have this appear if certain criteria are met.

The way the Continue button is set to initially hide is to have the slide Advanced Action set to HIDE this button based on an IF criterion. I am actually using this slide AA, that is needed for navigation later, to serve a dual purpose.

Issue I have is when I have this HIDE button action set, along with several other HIDES, the slide breaks and automatically goes to the next slide when the Continue button is clicked, in violation of AA rules set for that button.

If I take this HIDE Button away from the slide AA, then the slide behaves as expected, but it appears on screen at an undesired time.

Have I maxed out the system?

Thank you for any thoughts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

I find the best way to debug complex interactions like this where you have multiple variables that affect multiple conditional decision blocks is to make the current values of all variables visible to you (the developer) at runtime.

You just need to find a spare spot on the problem slide to insert a text caption or smart shape in which you display the custom user variables that are influencing the Conditional Advanced Actions. 

If the interaction is not working as expected, it will either be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from that, everything else looks OK?  🙂 😞

I have some time today to look at your blogs and implement some of your ideas. Will be a wonderful learning experience.

Again, my appreciation, but you have set yourself up for more questions.... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have missed some possible improvements because I don't really have a complete view yet. Enjoy the learning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on understanding your Flip.cptx... and YES! The change state approach may well be a very elegant approach, beating the tar out of the toggling text blocks on and off! 

Early days yet, but I am getting the idea you laid out. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your FlipCard Slide 2, probably the easiest for me to implement right now, everything makes sense but I don't see what the FLIPCARD_01v2_2 references.  It apparently is a reference to the image of the woman on the first card. But if you have a disable command, wouldn't that command be "Disable FlipCard1" - the property name of the button?

The PNG name is "Flipcard-v2_01.png" but that is an image name and nothing (that I understand) would be affected by the Disable command.

Does my question make sense?

Thank you!

DonWallbaum_0-1718052432889.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Out of my memory because this example was made for a presentation during the Adobe conference online in 2020. Too bad that they never keep the recording online for a long time (and all my presentations seem to have disappeared).

The flip cards are multistate objects which are also used as buttons. Both bitmap images and SVGs can be used as buttons since version 11.5.  So, that is the reason why you can disable that flip card from its button function, and change the state for it because it is a multistate object.

It seems that you have missed some of the very important new features in version 11.5. When that version was released (and I deemed it worth of having a full release number) I started writing blog posts all the time. I have never published as much about any other version. That makes it even more frustrating that the new version is so poor in features. Here is another link:

Version 11.5 Released! - Captivate blog (lilybiri.com)

Read the intro: first time as blogger that I write a blog on the same day as the reslease of a new version 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources